OPEN (C)ALL Exhibition
BRIC's open call exhibitions are open to all members of BRIC’s online Contemporary Artist Registry or to those artists who join the BRIC Artist Registry during the exhibition submission period. BRIC’s Registry is free and open to artists who were born, live, or work in Brooklyn, NY. This exhibition is meant to be as open as possible, but due to space limitations, it is "lightly curated" based on the number of works submitted.
BRIC's open call exhibitions often center around a theme. Registry artists may submit a single work of art (see details below) related to the theme of the open call show. Preference is given to those artists who have NOT been included in the previous OPEN (C)ALLexhibition, although all artists are encouraged to apply.
1) Artists must be members of the online BRIC Contemporary Artist Registry, or join the Registry during the submission period, before applying to the open call. Current Registry artists: please make sure to update your registry profile with any new work or information.
2) Artists will need to create a Submittable account to submit work to this open call. PLEASE NOTE: Your Submittable account is separate from your BRIC Registry Account.
3) Artists can submit only one work to be included in the exhibition in the form of any 2-D media, small sculpture, or time-based media (see specifications below). *Please note that as we come closer to reaching capacity, small works will be favored.
- 2D works can range in size, but must be no larger than 36 x 36 in.
- 3D works can range in size, but must be no larger than 36” in any dimension.
- Time-based media cannot exceed 5 minutes in length and must be in the format of a MP4 file. Artists must include their name and title of their work at the beginning of the video. The video must be in the format of a MP4 file with the frame of 1920 x 1080p. (You cannot submit video through Submittable - please submit a still representing the video in Submittable and submit files through a Dropbox or Wetrasfer link to jgerow@BRICartsmedia.org.)
4) All works must be ready to hang or be placed. BRIC will not provide framing. Any works that need to be hung and do not come with safe, appropriate hanging hardware (to our discretion) CANNOT be included in the exhibition.
5) 3D works must be sturdy and safe for display in a public space. BRIC has a limited number of pedestals and will select sculptural work for inclusion based on pedestal availability.
6) Time-based work will be added to a loop and screened on a monitor.
7) All works are for sale unless otherwise stated by the artist. If sold, artist will receive 80% of the sale price.
8) BRIC reserves the right to exclude the display of any artwork considered inappropriate for this exhibition.
9) Please be sure to attend the Opening Reception for the OPEN (C)ALL exhibition, November 15, 2017 from 7-9PM.
Submissions to OPEN (C)ALL exhibitions are collected through Submittable. If you do not already have a Submittable account, you will need to sign up for one. We do not currently have an open call scheduled for the next OPEN (C)ALL exhibition, but will update this page with more information when it's available.
At the conclusion of each open call exhibition, two prizes are awarded:
- Best In Show – This prize will go to one artwork of exceptional merit, selected by BRIC’s Contemporary Art team. Artist will be awarded $250 and have a solo exhibition of their work at BRIC House the following year.
- Viewers' Choice – This prize will go to one artwork of exceptional merit, selected by the public. Artist will be awarded $250 and a profile of their practice on the BRIC Blog.
QUESTIONS? Email us.