As we continue to take heightened precautions to support public health initiatives, including temporarily closing our doors, we have compiled a series of resources available in our immediate BRIC House neighborhoods of Fort Greene, Clinton Hill, and Downtown Brooklyn. These resources range from community generated databases offering neighbor to neighbor support to up to date information from our local partners and government officials.
In the coming weeks, finding ways to support one another is especially crucial. At BRIC, we maintain our commitment to helping our local community stay informed and healthy during this time period. We hope you will find the links below to be of use to you as we all navigate the impact of the novel Coronavirus/COVID-19.
We'll be updating this page as we learn of more resources. Any resources with an asterisk (*) at the end have been added within the last 24 hours.
Neighborhood-Based Support and Resources
- GRIOT Circle: A virtual support for LGBTQ Elders including online classes, health and wellness resources, and community connections.
- COVID-19: Community Resources - Downtown Brooklyn: A bulletin board-style collection of resources, events, and community initiatives.
- COVID-19: Open businesses - Downtown Brooklyn: An updated list of open businesses in Downtown Brooklyn, including food and beverage, and shopping and services.
- Local COVID-19 Guide: Myrtle Ave Edition: Updated resources from Myrtle Avenue Brooklyn Partnership for residents and small businesses, including general health resources and information about how to access free and low-cost food.
- Clinton Hill/Fort Greene Mutual Aid: A self-organizing, local community effort to stay connected as a neighborhood and to support each other over the months of the COVID-pandemic. Information for matching resources and needs, including volunteering and donations, is coordinated through Slack. Request form can be found here.
- FABFulton: Resources and information for Fort Greene businesses and employees.
- Boerum Hill/Downtown Brooklyn Neighborhood Services & Support Sign-Up: Sign up to receive support or to provide support to residents within the Boerum Hill and Downtown Brooklyn neighborhoods.
- Open Businesses in Bed-Stuy, Clinton Hill, and Fort Greene: Community generated database of open businesses in these neighborhoods.
- Food Resources in Fort Greene and Clinton Hill from Myrtle Avenue Brooklyn Partnership:
Government and News Outlets
- Councilmember Laurie A. Cumbo: Stay up to date about city and state resources available with daily and nightly updates from our local Councilmember, with a focus on wellness and self-care.
- BK Reader: Stay informed about borough wide and neighborhood specific education, arts and culture, and business resources available to community members.
- BRIC’s Resources for Artists: BRIC’s continually updated resource page includes sources for funding and emergency financial support.