Send Us A Pitch!
Brooklyn, USA is a monthly audiovisual magazine for and about Brooklyn—all of Brooklyn. The show is a celebration of all things seen, heard, felt and experienced on Brooklyn’s streets, and in its farthest corners. Consider it a home for stories, essays, radio plays, oral histories, video documentaries, photo-essays and sound portraits that you’re not likely to hear elsewhere.
Stories should be:
- Journalistically Sound
- About (or somehow connected to) Brooklyn
Some guidelines for pitching:
- Let us know what sort of piece you have in mind (is it a reported story, a non-narrated feature, a personal essay, a piece of short fiction, sound art, etc.?)
- Tell us what format you’ll use to tell your story (i.e. audio or video)
- Tell us, generally, what the story is about, how you plan to make it and how long the finished piece should be.
- While we know it’s sometimes hard to narrow a big idea down, please keep the description as quick and concise as possible!
- If you have already recorded audio (or if relevant audio exists in the public domain), send us a clip or a link.
We’re looking for pitches on any and all topics—but especially anything related to:
- Women, Business
- The Future
- Alternative Economies
We pay $600 per 6-10-minute piece.
Please send any pitches, story ideas, questions and leads to
We look forward to hearing from you!