BRIClab is a multi-disciplinary residency program created to advance opportunities for visual artists, performers, and media makers.
The BRIClab: Video Art residency track is a year-long residency for professional, local visual artists who have a desire to explore video and audio as distinct mediums, or as part of an interdisciplinary practice. Artist applications are received through an open call and chosen by a panel of artist alumni and BRIClab program managers.
Applications for the 2021/2022 BRIClab: Video Art residency are now closed, please check back soon for information on the 2022/2023 application. If you're interested in applying for the 2022/2023 BRIClab: Video Art residency, sign up for updates about "Artist Opportunities" to receive a notification when submissions open.
- Free courses at BRIC House through BRIC's Media Education program and access to equipment.
- 80 hours of access to BRIC’s community media studios and editing suites.
- A stipend of $2500.
- Development time for projects.
- A mentor with industry experience relevant to your project.
- Consultations with BRIC curatorial staff and past residents.
- A public screening of your work upon completion of the program.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
You must be:
- A local artist, 18 years of age or older.
- Not currently enrolled in an educational institution.
- Not a previous BRIClab: Video Art resident or BRIC Media Arts Fellow.
- Not proposing a marketing, commercial, or purely journalistic project.
We are interested in:
- The relevancy of your work to a diverse Brooklyn audience.
- Feasible residency goals and how well they align with our facilities and technical resources.
- Artists with a strong desire to explore video and audio as distinct mediums, or part of an interdisciplinary approach.
- Artists who are interested in participating in a growing artist community and have a solid plan of work.
- Work that reflects great innovation and exceptional creativity.
Applications will be reviewed by a panel consisting of BRIC's Contemporary Art and Media Education staff, and other residency alumni.
Information sessions are not required, but are an opportunity to speak directly with program staff. There are no information sessions at this time, but check back soon for more information!
Congratulations to our 2021/2022 BRIClab: Video Art residents: Buzz Slutzky, Danny Greenberg, Kat Geng, Macon Reed, Nooshin Rostami, and Zachary Fabri. Learn more about our artists-in-residence here.