Application period extended to WED, January 11th 2023
3 MONTHS | 36 HOURS | Limited to 12 students
Cost: $175 | Application Fee: $5
Application Opens: Tuesday, November 15th 2022
Application Deadline: 11:59pm, Friday, January 6th 2023
Applicants Notified: Thursday, February 2nd 2023
Course Date & Time
This is a hybrid class that will meet on Zoom and in-person. Class will meet each Thursday from February 16 - May 11 from 6:30-8:30pm.
The public screening event will occur on May 25 at either BRIC house or remotely via Zoom Webinar.
About the BRIC Podcast Intensive
The BRIC Podcast Intensive will guide you through all of the stages of starting a podcast. In this class, a group of 12 Brooklynites will be selected to write, produce, record, and edit a podcast episode (singular or pilot) on a topic or subject of their choice. Students will produce their show, assist their classmates, and develop a cohort that can work together after the class ends. We'll review storytelling techniques, podcast production practices, interviewing, choosing subjects and locations, recording techniques, studio practices, and editing on Adobe Audition. The intensive will culminate with a special public listening event which will also air on BRIC’s podcast channels.
Please note that to be accepted into the BRIC Podcast Intensive you need some experience recording with field audio equipment (e.g. Zoom recorders) and post-production (such as Audition.)
Screening + Distribution
The course will culminate with a special public listening event at BRIC to celebrate the release of the first episode of your podcast. Additionally, we invite you to use our Brooklyn Free Speech TV & Podcast network as a distribution platform for your podcast. Brooklyn Free Speech is distributed to over 550,000 households throughout NYC and countless more worldwide.
- Please note that to be accepted into the BRIC Podcast Intensive you need some experience editing audio and recording with field equipment.
PROOF OF BROOKLYN RESIDENCY
For Cohort & Certification Courses Only
- Why do I have to show that I'm a Brooklyn resident?
- If you do not show that you're a Brooklyn resident, you won't be able to use the full power of your certification with BRIC— which means that you won't have free access to our cameras, tripods, audio recorders, TV studios, or Adobe Creative Cloud.
- FOR CERTIFICATION COURSES ONLY: You must submit proof of Brooklyn residency in order to get free access to equipment and studio time. We've compiled a list of documents we accept to show that you're a Brooklyn resident: BRICartsmedia.org/POR.
ABSENCE & CANCELLATION POLICY
- Failure to alert us to your absence on the first day of class will forfeit your seat and a refund will not be issued.
- Please call or email our education department at 718-683-5600 / classes@BRICartsmedia.org for any questions about payments, spot availability or for further assistance.
- If you register for a course and are unable to attend the first session, you must contact our education department 24 hours prior to the start of the first class at 718-683-5600 / classes@BRICartsmedia.org.
ARE ALL OF THE CLASSES SOLD OUT?
The BRIC Podcast Intensive is a cohort course. BRIC's cohort and certification courses are exclusively for Brooklyn residents. Not a Brooklyn resident? Please register for any of our non-certification or free courses.