3 MONTHS | 36 HOURS | Limited to 12 students
Cost: $175; Application Fee: $5
- Application Opened: Wed, Oct 21, 2020
- Application Deadline: Mon, Jan 4, 2021
- Applicants Notified: Thu, Jan 14, 2021
- First Day of Class: Thu, Jan 28, 2021, 7-9PM
About the BRIC Podcst Intensive
The BRIC Podcast Intensive will guide you through all the stages of creating a podcast. In this class, a group of twelve Brooklynites will be selected to write, produce, record, and edit a podcast episode (singular or pilot) on a topic or subject of their choice.
Students will produce their show, assist their classmates, and develop a cohort that can work together after the class ends. We'll review non-fiction storytelling, podcast production practices, interviewing, choosing subjects and locations, recording techniques, studio practices, and editing on Adobe Audition.
Virtual Screening + Distribution
The course will culminate with a special public, virtual listening event to celebrate the release of the first episode of your podcast. Additionally, we invite you to use our Brooklyn Free Speech TV & Podcast network as a distribution platform for your podcast. Brooklyn Free Speech is distributed to over 550,000 households throughout NYC and countless more worldwide.
BRICxHome: Online Learning
|Jan 28-Apr 29||Thu @ 7:00-9:00pm||Check Availability|
- Please note that to be accepted into the BRIC Podcast Intensive you need some experience editing audio and recording with field equipment.
Please note that to be accepted into the BRIC Podcast Intensive you need some experience editing audio and recording with field equipment.
PAYMENT & REGISTRATION
- The BRIC Podcast Intensive is a cohort course. BRIC's cohort and certification courses are exclusively for Brooklyn residents. Not a Brooklyn resident? Please register for any of our non-certification or free courses.
- To successfully complete this program, students should have experience using a computer.
- Money orders and checks (made out to BRIC) are accepted when registering for class in person.
- Credit card payments are accepted online only.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the first class to complete your registration.
- Save 15% on classes by becoming a BRIC member: BRICartsmedia.org/membership
- You will not be permitted to take the class or receive a refund for your online payment if you do not meet the following qualifications prior to the first day of class:
- Please provide proof of age with a valid, unexpired government-issued photo ID.
- This class is open to students over the age of 18 only.
- FOR CERTIFICATION COURSES ONLY: In order to use the full power of your certification with BRIC, you must submit proof of Brooklyn residency. We've compiled a list of documents we accept to show that you're a Brooklyn resident: BRICartsmedia.org/POR.
SAVE 15% ON CLASSES
- Did you know that BRIC members save 15% on classes? It's true! Become a BRIC member today: BRICartsmedia.org/membership.
PROOF OF BROOKLYN RESIDENCY
For Cohort & Certification Courses Only
- Why do I have to show that I'm a Brooklyn resident?
- If you do not show that you're a Brooklyn resident, you won't be able to use the full power of your certification with BRIC— which means that you won't have free access to our cameras, tripods, audio recorders, TV studios, or Adobe Creative Cloud.
- FOR CERTIFICATION COURSES ONLY: You must submit proof of Brooklyn residency in order to get free access to equipment and studio time. We've compiled a list of documents we accept to show that you're a Brooklyn resident: BRICartsmedia.org/POR.
ABSENCE & CANCELLATION POLICY
- Failure to alert us to your absence on the first day of class will forfeit your seat and a refund will not be issued.
- Please call or email our education department at 718.683.9338 / classes@BRICartsmedia.org for any questions about payments, spot availability or for further assistance.
- If you register for a course and are unable to attend the first session, you must contact our education department 24 hours prior to the start of the first class at 718.683.9338 / classes@BRICartsmedia.org.
ARE ALL OF THE CLASSES SOLD OUT?
You Might Also Like
BRICxHome: Become an Audio Editor (Online Learning)
Learn audio editing, importing, effects, and file layering.
BRICxHome: Make a Podcast on Your Phone (Online Learning)
Learn simple techniques to record, edit, and, publish your podcast right from your phone.
BRICxHome: Intro to Sound Design (Online Learning)
Learn sound theory and key terms as an entry into the world of sound design.