3 MONTHS | 36 HOURS | Limited to 8 students
Cost: $175 | Application Fee: $3
Application Opens: Friday, June 14th
Application Deadline: Monday, July 22th
Applicants Notified: Wednesday, August 7th
CHECK BACK SOON TO APPLY
The BRIC Podcast Intensive will guide you through all of the stages of starting a podcast. In this class, a group of eight Brooklynites will be selected to write, produce, record, and edit a podcast episode (singular or pilot) on a topic or subject of their choice.
Students will produce their show, assist their classmates, and develop a cohort that can work together after the class ends. We'll review non-fiction storytelling, podcast production practices, interviewing, choosing subjects and locations, recording techniques, studio practices, and editing on Adobe Audition.
The course will culminate with a special public listening event for your podcast which may also air on our channels.
Certification courses are for Brooklyn residents only. Not a Brooklyn resident? No problem! Feel free to register for any of our non-certification courses.
Please note that to be accepted into the class you need some experience editing audio and recording with field equipment.
- Money orders and checks (made out to BRIC) are accepted when registering for the class in person.
- Credit card payments are accepted online only.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the first class to complete your registration.
- You will not be permitted to take the class or receive a refund for your online payment if you do not meet the following qualifications prior to the first day of class:
- Please provide proof of age with a valid, unexpired government-issued photo ID.
- This class is open to students over the age of 18 only.
- FOR CERTIFICATION COURSES ONLY: Proof of your Brooklyn residency (such as a utility bill listing your name and address) that is no more than 2 months old.
- Failure to alert us to your absence on the first day of class will forfeit your seat and a refund will not be issued.
- Please call or email our education department at 718.683.9338 / classes@BRICartsmedia.org for any questions about payments, spot availability or for further assistance.
- If you register for a course and are unable to attend the first session, you must contact our education department 24 hours prior to the start of the first class at 718.683.9338 / classes@BRICartsmedia.org.
ARE ALL OF THE CLASSES SOLD OUT?