Learn how to navigate Premiere’s interface, import footage, and work with B-roll, audio, still images, basic effects, and transitions. By the end of the course, students will edit a short video segment. Is this course sold out? Fill out our Waitlist Form and we'll contact you if there's an opening.
July & August Tuition Update
In April and May we charged 50% of our normal rate on many of our Media Education classes. In order to cover our ongoing instructor costs, we will be charging our normal rate for classes starting in July and August. Thank you for understanding and we look forward to seeing you in class!
BRICxHome: Online Learning
|Aug 4-20||Tue, Thu @ 2:00-5:00pm||Check Availability|
|Sep 4-24||Tue, Thu @ 6:00-9:00pm||Check Availability|
PAYMENT & REGISTRATION
- Video Editing with Premiere is a certification course. BRIC's certification and cohort courses are exclusively for Brooklyn residents. Not a Brooklyn resident? Please register for any of our non-certification or free courses.
- To successfully complete this program, students should have experience using a computer.
- Students should bring their own headphones to monitor audio during in-class practice.
- Courses typically open one month before the start date. For example: If a class begins on December 17 at 2PM, you'll be able to register on November 17 at 2PM.
- Money orders and checks (made out to BRIC) are accepted when registering for class in person.
- Credit card payments are accepted online only.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the first class to complete your registration.
- You will not be permitted to take the class or receive a refund for your online payment if you do not meet the following qualifications prior to the first day of class:
- Please provide proof of age with a valid, unexpired government-issued photo ID.
- This class is open to students over the age of 18 only.
- FOR CERTIFICATION COURSES ONLY: In order to use the full power of your certification with BRIC, you must submit proof of Brooklyn residency. We've compiled a list of documents we accept to show that you're a Brooklyn resident: BRICartsmedia.org/POR.
SAVE 15% ON CLASSES
- Did you know that BRIC members save 15% on classes? It's true! Become a BRIC member today: BRICartsmedia.org/membership.
PROOF OF BROOKLYN RESIDENCY
For Cohort & Certification Courses Only
- Why do I have to show that I'm a Brooklyn resident?
- If you do not show that you're a Brooklyn resident, you won't be able to use the full power of your certification with BRIC— which means that you won't have free access to our cameras, tripods, audio recorders, TV studios, or Adobe Creative Cloud.
- FOR CERTIFICATION COURSES ONLY: You must submit proof of Brooklyn residency in order to get free access to equipment and studio time. We've compiled a list of documents we accept to show that you're a Brooklyn resident: BRICartsmedia.org/POR.
ABSENCE & CANCELLATION POLICY
- Failure to alert us to your absence on the first day of class will forfeit your seat and a refund will not be issued.
- Please call or email our education department at 718.683.9338 / classes@BRICartsmedia.org for any questions about payments, spot availability or for further assistance.
- If you register for a course and are unable to attend the first session, you must contact our education department 24 hours prior to the start of the first class at 718.683.9338 / classes@BRICartsmedia.org.
ARE ALL OF THE CLASSES SOLD OUT?
You Might Also Like
BRICxHome: Intro to Photoshop (Online Learning)
Learn photo enhancement, typography, and graphic design.
BRICxHome: Motion Graphics with After Effects (Online Learning)
Make things dance and move on screen with After Effects.
BRICxHome: Digital Photography (Online Learning)
Create beautiful images with simple tricks and instruction on how to fully utilize your camera’s features.