Hello, Future Podcaster! In this course, you will learn how to record, edit, and publish your own podcast right from your phone. Upon completion, we invite you to distribute your podcast on both Brooklyn Free Speech TV and Brooklyn Free Speech Radio.
Is this course sold out? Fill out our Waitlist Form and we'll contact you if there's an opening.
BRIC MEDIA EDUCATION REMOTE LEARNING
Instructions & Info
- This is an online class.
- You will receive an email with instructions on how to join the class within 24 hours of the class start time.
- Please download Zoom on your computer/device. https://zoom.us
- Questions? Please contact the BRIC Media Education team at: 718.683.9338 / classes@BRICartsmedia.org.
- Please watch the video below (or click this link!) for instructions on joining a Zoom event.
PAYMENT & REGISTRATION
- Students should bring their own headphones to monitor audio during in-class practice.
- To successfully complete this program, students should have experience using a computer.
- Courses typically open one month before the start date. For example: If a class begins on December 17 at 2PM, you'll be able to register on November 17 at 2PM.
- Money orders and checks (made out to BRIC) are accepted when registering for class in person.
- Credit card payments are accepted online only.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the first class to complete your registration.
- You will not be permitted to take the class or receive a refund for your online payment if you do not meet the following qualifications prior to the first day of class:
- Please provide proof of age with a valid, unexpired government-issued photo ID.
- This class is open to students over the age of 18 only.
- FOR CERTIFICATION COURSES ONLY: In order to use the full power of your certification with BRIC, you must submit proof of Brooklyn residency. We've compiled a list of documents we accept to show that you're a Brooklyn resident: BRICartsmedia.org/POR.
SAVE 15% ON CLASSES
- Did you know that BRIC members save 15% on classes? It's true! Become a BRIC member today: BRICartsmedia.org/membership.
PROOF OF BROOKLYN RESIDENCY
For Cohort & Certification Courses Only
- Why do I have to show that I'm a Brooklyn resident?
- If you do not show that you're a Brooklyn resident, you won't be able to use the full power of your certification with BRIC— which means that you won't have free access to our cameras, tripods, audio recorders, TV studios, or Adobe Creative Cloud.
- FOR CERTIFICATION COURSES ONLY: You must submit proof of Brooklyn residency in order to get free access to equipment and studio time. We've compiled a list of documents we accept to show that you're a Brooklyn resident: BRICartsmedia.org/POR.
ABSENCE & CANCELLATION POLICY
- Failure to alert us to your absence on the first day of class will forfeit your seat and a refund will not be issued.
- Please call or email our education department at 718.683.9338 / classes@BRICartsmedia.org for any questions about payments, spot availability or for further assistance.
- If you register for a course and are unable to attend the first session, you must contact our education department 24 hours prior to the start of the first class at 718.683.9338 / classes@BRICartsmedia.org.
ARE ALL OF THE CLASSES SOLD OUT?
You Might Also Like
BRICxHome: Become an Audio Editor (Online Learning)
Learn audio editing, importing, effects, and file layering.
BRICxHome: Intro to Sound Design (Online Learning)
Learn sound theory and key terms as an entry into the world of sound design.
BRICxHome: How to Edit Your Podcast (Online Learning)
Learn podcast editing, plus free and wallet-friendly software options for editing at home or on the go.