Courses typically open one month before the start date.
Is a course sold out? Fill out our Waitlist Form and we'll contact you if there's an opening.
The picture-perfect shot doesn’t stop with your camera. In this class, you’ll get hands-on experience with GIMP, a free, versatile photo editing software program. Learn to retouch, crop, and color balance your digital photos before showing them to the world. By the end of this two-hour session you will have the skills to make every shot you take a perfect one.
Limited to 15 students (walk-ins welcomed). In order to successfully complete this class, students must be comfortable using a computer.
- Money orders and checks (made out to BRIC) are accepted when registering for the class in person.
- Credit card payments are accepted online only.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the first class to complete your registration.
- You will not be permitted to take the class or receive a refund for your online payment if you do not meet the following qualifications prior to the first day of class:
- Please provide proof of age with a valid, unexpired government-issued photo ID.
- This class is open to students over the age of 18 only.
- FOR CERTIFICATION COURSES ONLY: Proof of your Brooklyn residency (such as a utility bill listing your name and address) that is no more than 2 months old.
- Failure to alert us to your absence on the first day of class will forfeit your seat and a refund will not be issued.
- Please call or email our education department at 718.683.9338 / classes@BRICartsmedia.org for any questions about payments, spot availability or for further assistance.
- If you register for a course and are unable to attend the first session, you must contact our education department 24 hours prior to the start of the first class at 718.683.9338 / classes@BRICartsmedia.org.
ARE ALL OF THE CLASSES SOLD OUT?
You Might Also Like
Get to Know Your Camera
Learn how to use your camera’s features to create beautiful digital images.
Digital Photography: The Manual Setting
You’ll learn how to fully utilize your digital camera’s features and simple tricks to create beautiful images.
Learn composition techniques and how to capture engaging photos of the Brooklyn cityscape.