Courses typically open one month before the start date.
Is a course sold out? Fill out our Waitlist Form and we'll contact you if there's an opening.
This class is a broad introduction to field audio recording. You will learn principles of recording audio, popular microphones and gear, common field recording setups, and have a chance to practice some of your own field recording with our digital recorders and mics.
This is a non-certification course, but we encourage you to take Video Production in the Field as a companion course.
Brooklyn Public Library: New Lots
|Sep 28||Sat @ 10:30am-1:30pm||Check Availability|
|Nov 23||Sat @ 1:30-4:30pm||Check Availability|
The Media Center at BRIC House
|Oct 25||Fri @ 6:30-9:30pm||Check Availability|
|Dec 14||Sat @ 10:30am-1:30pm||Check Availability|
- Money orders and checks (made out to BRIC) are accepted when registering for the class in person.
- Credit card payments are accepted online only.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the first class to complete your registration.
- You will not be permitted to take the class or receive a refund for your online payment if you do not meet the following qualifications prior to the first day of class:
- Please provide proof of age with a valid, unexpired government-issued photo ID.
- This class is open to students over the age of 18 only.
- FOR CERTIFICATION COURSES ONLY: Proof of your Brooklyn residency (such as a utility bill listing your name and address) that is no more than 2 months old.
- Failure to alert us to your absence on the first day of class will forfeit your seat and a refund will not be issued.
- Please call or email our education department at 718.683.9338 / classes@BRICartsmedia.org for any questions about payments, spot availability or for further assistance.
- If you register for a course and are unable to attend the first session, you must contact our education department 24 hours prior to the start of the first class at 718.683.9338 / classes@BRICartsmedia.org.
ARE ALL OF THE CLASSES SOLD OUT?
You Might Also Like
Audio Production in the Studio
This course begins with an in-depth review of the 24-track digital Presonus audio board and tips for ensuring high-quality audio in studio productions.
Field Audio Equipment Certification
Learn how to operate a variety of microphones including lavaliers, boom poles, and other audio accessories.
Intro to Audition
This course covers how to start an Audition project, importing, layering audio files and more.