We are very proud to announce our new partnership with the Hip Hop Film Festival that is sure to help you up your marketing and distribution game.
Hip Hop Film Festival Founder and CEO, CR Capers leads this exciting workshop on the basics of marketing independent film projects. In this two-day workshop, you will learn social media strategy, festival entry, and independent video on demand (VOD) sales strategy. This workshop was specially designed with filmmakers in mind so that they walk away feeling empowered with tools to build a brand around their film and generate revenue.
MEET CR CAPERS
CR (Chief Rocka) Capers is the Founder and CEO of Harlem Film House, a 501(c) 3) corporation, that creates and produces film & music festivals, operates year-round workshops, theatre productions and live events, while also offering business consulting to filmmakers and content creators in underserved communities around the world.
In her role as Executive Director, CR creates an economic ecosystem by providing filmmakers services and resources to ensure longevity in careers in film, theatre, and related entrepreneurial pursuits. It is a “new media” company that leverages social media and large scale events to change the narrative. The events she produces provides an ecosystem with marketing and strategic partnerships between filmmakers, activists, businesses, and the community at large.
She is the founder and CEO of the award-winning Hip Hop Film Festival, named “BEST NEW FILM FESTIVAL THE UNITED STATES”. Her popular radio show and podcast Why You Mad Son? (which deals with the social ills plaguing the human community) generated over 3 million listeners worldwide and still boasts a legion of loyal fans raised in the global Hip Hop culture.
Ms. Capers has directed and produced 3 films and 2 shorts through her film company MBS Films.
PAYMENT & REGISTRATION
- Money orders and checks (made out to BRIC) are accepted when registering for class in person.
- Credit card payments are accepted online only.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the first class to complete your registration.
- Save 15% on classes by becoming a BRIC member: BRICartsmedia.org/membership
- You will not be permitted to take the class or receive a refund for your online payment if you do not meet the following qualifications prior to the first day of class:
- Please provide proof of age with a valid, unexpired government-issued photo ID.
- This class is open to students over the age of 18 only.
- FOR CERTIFICATION COURSES ONLY: In order to use the full power of your certification with BRIC, you must submit proof of Brooklyn residency. We've compiled a list of documents we accept to show that you're a Brooklyn resident: BRICartsmedia.org/POR.
SAVE 15% ON CLASSES
- Did you know that BRIC members save 15% on classes? It's true! Become a BRIC member today: BRICartsmedia.org/membership.
PROOF OF BROOKLYN RESIDENCY
For Cohort & Certification Courses Only
- Why do I have to show that I'm a Brooklyn resident?
- If you do not show that you're a Brooklyn resident, you won't be able to use the full power of your certification with BRIC— which means that you won't have free access to our cameras, tripods, audio recorders, TV studios, or Adobe Creative Cloud.
- FOR CERTIFICATION COURSES ONLY: You must submit proof of Brooklyn residency in order to get free access to equipment and studio time. We've compiled a list of documents we accept to show that you're a Brooklyn resident: BRICartsmedia.org/POR.
ABSENCE & CANCELLATION POLICY
- Failure to alert us to your absence on the first day of class will forfeit your seat and a refund will not be issued.
- Please call or email our education department at 718.683.9338 / classes@BRICartsmedia.org for any questions about payments, spot availability or for further assistance.
- If you register for a course and are unable to attend the first session, you must contact our education department 24 hours prior to the start of the first class at 718.683.9338 / classes@BRICartsmedia.org.
ARE ALL OF THE CLASSES SOLD OUT?
You Might Also Like
Marketing 101: How to Start
A marketing class where I learn metrics, planning, and messaging for only $10? Sign me up please!
Brooklyn Free Speech's 14th Annual Content Creator Holiday Party: Ugly Sweater & Game Night EditionDec 6, 2019 • 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Video Editing with Premiere
By the end of the course, students will edit a short video segment.