Courses typically open one month before the start date.
Is a course sold out? Fill out our Waitlist Form and we'll contact you if there's an opening.
Do you want to record a podcast from home? Learn about podcasting and inexpensive equipment options to get you started. You’ll also have a chance to record sample clips using professional Zoom recorders and software for your mobile devices and computer.
Brooklyn Public Library, Coney Island
|Feb 10||Mon @ 1:00-3:00pm||Check Availability|
Brooklyn Public Library, DeKalb (Bushwick)
|Feb 18||Tue @ 3:00-5:00pm||Check Availability|
Brooklyn Public Library, Central (Grand Army Plaza)
|Feb 27||Thu @ 4:00-6:00pm||Check Availability|
|Apr 2||Thu @ 4:00-6:00pm||Check Availability|
Brooklyn Public Library, New Lots (East NY)
|Mar 11||Wed @ 3:00-5:00pm||Check Availability|
|Apr 22||Wed @ 3:00-5:00pm||Check Availability|
PAYMENT & REGISTRATION
- Students should bring their own headphones to monitor audio during in-class practice.
- To successfully complete this program, students should have experience using a computer.
- Courses typically open one month before the start date. For example: If a class begins on December 17 at 2PM, you'll be able to register on November 17 at 2PM.
- Money orders and checks (made out to BRIC) are accepted when registering for class in person.
- Credit card payments are accepted online only.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the first class to complete your registration.
- You will not be permitted to take the class or receive a refund for your online payment if you do not meet the following qualifications prior to the first day of class:
- Please provide proof of age with a valid, unexpired government-issued photo ID.
- This class is open to students over the age of 18 only.
- FOR CERTIFICATION COURSES ONLY: In order to use the full power of your certification with BRIC, you must submit proof of Brooklyn residency. We've compiled a list of documents we accept to show that you're a Brooklyn resident: BRICartsmedia.org/POR.
SAVE 15% ON CLASSES
- Did you know that BRIC members save 15% on classes? It's true! Become a BRIC member today: BRICartsmedia.org/membership.
PROOF OF BROOKLYN RESIDENCY
For Cohort & Certification Courses Only
- Why do I have to show that I'm a Brooklyn resident?
- If you do not show that you're a Brooklyn resident, you won't be able to use the full power of your certification with BRIC— which means that you won't have free access to our cameras, tripods, audio recorders, TV studios, or Adobe Creative Cloud.
- FOR CERTIFICATION COURSES ONLY: You must submit proof of Brooklyn residency in order to get free access to equipment and studio time. We've compiled a list of documents we accept to show that you're a Brooklyn resident: BRICartsmedia.org/POR.
ABSENCE & CANCELLATION POLICY
- Failure to alert us to your absence on the first day of class will forfeit your seat and a refund will not be issued.
- Please call or email our education department at 718.683.9338 / classes@BRICartsmedia.org for any questions about payments, spot availability or for further assistance.
- If you register for a course and are unable to attend the first session, you must contact our education department 24 hours prior to the start of the first class at 718.683.9338 / classes@BRICartsmedia.org.
ARE ALL OF THE CLASSES SOLD OUT?
You Might Also Like
Editing Podcasts with Audition
Learn basic editing and effects techniques for audio, as well as how to export a finished project for distribution or sharing.
This class covers the fundamentals of producing a podcast/radio segment from a studio.
Intro to Audition
This course covers how to start an Audition project, importing, layering audio files and more.