BINGE WATCH FILMS FROM THE 2017 & 2018 GRADUATING CLASSES
AN INCREDIBLE FILM EXPERIENCE
Black Box Filmmaking
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Fri, Jan 17, 2020
COMMUNITY PRODUCERS: $100 | Application Fee: $5
NON-COMMUNITY PRODUCERS: $150 | Application Fee: $5
5 MONTHS | Limited to 12 students
This application based intensive course will run:
Feb 18-May 17 (Tuesdays) from 6:30-9:30PM
May 27-Jul 15 (Wednesdays) from 6:30-9:30PM
We are looking for New York-based students, filmmakers, writers, and theatre directors to participate in an experimental class that explores theatre, film, and collaborative filmmaking.
We’ll solicit and choose several short scripts of up to 10 minutes in length from New York-based screenwriters and playwrights. Next, we will select 12 participants to become the producers, cinematographers, sound engineers, and editors to create a film based on this short script.
With the close guidance of film and theatre artists, participants will refine and shape each script into a compelling and unique film piece that only BRIC can deliver.
Certification courses are for Brooklyn residents only. Not a Brooklyn resident? No problem! Feel free to register for any of our non-certification courses.
We recommend that all applicants be well versed in the following before applying for this intensive.
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- DSLR camera functionality
PAYMENT & REGISTRATION
- Black Box Filmmaking is a cohort course. BRIC's cohort and certification courses are exclusively for Brooklyn residents. Not a Brooklyn resident? Please register for any of our non-certification or free courses.
- Money orders and checks (made out to BRIC) are accepted when registering for class in person.
- Credit card payments are accepted online only.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the first class to complete your registration.
- Save 15% on classes by becoming a BRIC member: BRICartsmedia.org/membership
- You will not be permitted to take the class or receive a refund for your online payment if you do not meet the following qualifications prior to the first day of class:
- Please provide proof of age with a valid, unexpired government-issued photo ID.
- This class is open to students over the age of 18 only.
- FOR CERTIFICATION COURSES ONLY: In order to use the full power of your certification with BRIC, you must submit proof of Brooklyn residency. We've compiled a list of documents we accept to show that you're a Brooklyn resident: BRICartsmedia.org/POR.
SAVE 15% ON CLASSES
- Did you know that BRIC members save 15% on classes? It's true! Become a BRIC member today: BRICartsmedia.org/membership.
PROOF OF BROOKLYN RESIDENCY
For Cohort & Certification Courses Only
- Why do I have to show that I'm a Brooklyn resident?
- If you do not show that you're a Brooklyn resident, you won't be able to use the full power of your certification with BRIC— which means that you won't have free access to our cameras, tripods, audio recorders, TV studios, or Adobe Creative Cloud.
- FOR CERTIFICATION COURSES ONLY: You must submit proof of Brooklyn residency in order to get free access to equipment and studio time. We've compiled a list of documents we accept to show that you're a Brooklyn resident: BRICartsmedia.org/POR.
ABSENCE & CANCELLATION POLICY
- Failure to alert us to your absence on the first day of class will forfeit your seat and a refund will not be issued.
- Please call or email our education department at 718.683.9338 / classes@BRICartsmedia.org for any questions about payments, spot availability or for further assistance.
- If you register for a course and are unable to attend the first session, you must contact our education department 24 hours prior to the start of the first class at 718.683.9338 / classes@BRICartsmedia.org.
ARE ALL OF THE CLASSES SOLD OUT?
You Might Also Like
TV Studio Production
This 30-hour, 10-session course will teach you the basics of shooting a production inside a TV studio.