Courses typically open one month before the start date.
Is a course sold out? Fill out our Waitlist Form and we'll contact you if there's an opening.
This class covers common equipment setups, tips for getting great audio, lighting considerations, as well as common challenges and pitfalls of shooting video with DSLRs. The class will also give you an opportunity to record a short video with your own DSLR.
Important note: Experience shooting in manual mode with DSLR camera encouraged.
PAYMENT & REGISTRATION
- Students must bring their own headphones to monitor audio.
- To successfully complete this program, students should have experience using a computer.
- Money orders and checks (made out to BRIC) are accepted when registering for class in person.
- Credit card payments are accepted online only.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the first class to complete your registration.
- Save 15% on classes by becoming a BRIC member: BRICartsmedia.org/membership
- You will not be permitted to take the class or receive a refund for your online payment if you do not meet the following qualifications prior to the first day of class:
- Please provide proof of age with a valid, unexpired government-issued photo ID.
- This class is open to students over the age of 18 only.
- FOR CERTIFICATION COURSES ONLY: In order to use the full power of your certification with BRIC, you must submit proof of Brooklyn residency. We've compiled a list of documents we accept to show that you're a Brooklyn resident: BRICartsmedia.org/POR.
SAVE 15% ON CLASSES
- Did you know that BRIC members save 15% on classes? It's true! Become a BRIC member today: BRICartsmedia.org/membership.
PROOF OF BROOKLYN RESIDENCY
For Cohort & Certification Courses Only
- Why do I have to show that I'm a Brooklyn resident?
- If you do not show that you're a Brooklyn resident, you won't be able to use the full power of your certification with BRIC— which means that you won't have free access to our cameras, tripods, audio recorders, TV studios, or Adobe Creative Cloud.
- FOR CERTIFICATION COURSES ONLY: You must submit proof of Brooklyn residency in order to get free access to equipment and studio time. We've compiled a list of documents we accept to show that you're a Brooklyn resident: BRICartsmedia.org/POR.
ABSENCE & CANCELLATION POLICY
- Failure to alert us to your absence on the first day of class will forfeit your seat and a refund will not be issued.
- Please call or email our education department at 718.683.9338 / classes@BRICartsmedia.org for any questions about payments, spot availability or for further assistance.
- If you register for a course and are unable to attend the first session, you must contact our education department 24 hours prior to the start of the first class at 718.683.9338 / classes@BRICartsmedia.org.
ARE ALL OF THE CLASSES SOLD OUT?
You Might Also Like
TV Studio Production
This 30-hour, 10-session course will teach you the basics of shooting a production inside a TV studio.
Video Editing with Premiere
By the end of the course, students will edit a short video segment.
Video Production in the Field
This course will give you the skills to produce videos anywhere.