Courses typically open one month before the start date.
Is a course sold out? Fill out our Waitlist Form and we'll contact you if there's an opening.
Learn to use your mobile device to make compelling short-form videos. We’ll start you off with scriptwriting and storyboarding, discuss frame composition, and then cover how to get the best audio and lighting when recording your footage. You’ll also explore the editing software program iMovie/Movie Maker that can assemble it all into your final short form masterpiece.
Limited to 15 students (walk-ins welcomed). Students must provide their own headphones for this class. In order to successfully complete this course, students must be comfortable using a computer.
Brooklyn Public Library: Coney Island
|Oct 21||Mon @ 1:00-3:00pm||Check Availability|
|Nov 11||Mon @ 1:00-3:00pm||Check Availability|
Brooklyn Public Library: Central
|Oct 24||Thu @ 6:30-8:30pm||Check Availability|
Brooklyn Public Library: DeKalb
|Dec 10||Tue @ 3:00-5:00pm||Check Availability|
- Money orders and checks (made out to BRIC) are accepted when registering for the class in person.
- Credit card payments are accepted online only.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the first class to complete your registration.
- You will not be permitted to take the class or receive a refund for your online payment if you do not meet the following qualifications prior to the first day of class:
- Please provide proof of age with a valid, unexpired government-issued photo ID.
- This class is open to students over the age of 18 only.
- FOR CERTIFICATION COURSES ONLY: Proof of your Brooklyn residency (such as a utility bill listing your name and address) that is no more than 2 months old.
- Failure to alert us to your absence on the first day of class will forfeit your seat and a refund will not be issued.
- Please call or email our education department at 718.683.9338 / classes@BRICartsmedia.org for any questions about payments, spot availability or for further assistance.
- If you register for a course and are unable to attend the first session, you must contact our education department 24 hours prior to the start of the first class at 718.683.9338 / classes@BRICartsmedia.org.
ARE ALL OF THE CLASSES SOLD OUT?
You Might Also Like
Intro to DSLR Filmmaking
This class covers common equipment setups, tips for getting great audio, lighting considerations, as well as common challenges and pitfalls of shooting video with DSLRs.
Video Editing with Premiere
By the end of the course, students will edit a short video segment.
Video Production in the Field
This course will give you the skills to produce videos anywhere.