3 MONTHS | 60 HOURS | Cost: $175 | Application Fee: $3 | Limited to 12 students
Tuition assistance is available
Application Opens: Mon, Apr 15
Application Closes: Sun, Jun 17
Class Begins: Thu, Jul 11
Brooklyn Free Speech Television Studio Collaborative 2019 Schedule
|Phase 1: Pre-production & studio operations||Thu||Jul 11 - Aug 1||6:30 - 9:30PM|
|Phase 2: TV Pilot rotations||Tue & Thu||Aug 6 - Aug 29||6:30 - 9:30PM|
|Phase 3: Student productions & live shoots||Thu||Sep 5 - Oct 17||6:30 - 9:30PM|
Are you ready for a career in television studio production? A select group of 12 Brooklynites will write, produce, and record their own feature television segments as well as crew on a variety of LIVE studio shoots during the course. Students will become immersed in the studio fundamentals and skills that go into producing a fully fledged studio production. You will learn all aspects of our television studios, including the control room, camera, TriCaster video switching, graphics, 3D set design, audio equipment, teleprompter, robo camera, and recording. Prior studio production experience or a strong desire to learn television studio production is essential.
Oh, we bet you are! We after all, are the place where media dreamers become media makers. Find out what you're made of when applications open in 2019.
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Television Studio Collaborative is broken into three phases:
- PRE-PRODUCTION & STUDIO OPERATIONS
In the pre-production phase, you'll formulate and refine your segment idea, and learn all of the ins-and-outs of the studio equipment.
- TV PILOT ROTATIONS
During this phase, everyone in the class will produce and direct their own pilot episodes. The class will be a supportive network that crews and give thoughtful and valuable constructive feedback.
- STUDENT PROJECTS & LIVE SHOOTS
The final (and most exciting) phase is an opportunity to refine your TV pilot and come out of the class with a stunning television segment. The class will also crew on LIVE television productions as part of the Media Maker Weekend lineup.
Please note that to be accepted into the class you need television studio experience (Brooklyn Free Speech certification highly encouraged.) Please complete the online application and we will notify you if you are accepted into the course.
Certification courses are for Brooklyn residents only. Not a Brooklyn resident? No problem! Feel free to register for any of our non-certification courses.
We recommend that all applicants be well versed in the following before applying for this course.
- Television Studio Operations
- Audio mixing & micing
- Floor managing
- Technical directing
- Money orders and checks (made out to BRIC) are accepted when registering for the class in person.
- Credit card payments are accepted online only.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the first class to complete your registration.
- You will not be permitted to take the class or receive a refund for your online payment if you do not meet the following qualifications prior to the first day of class:
- Please provide proof of age with a valid, unexpired government-issued photo ID.
- This class is open to students over the age of 18 only.
- FOR CERTIFICATION COURSES ONLY: Proof of your Brooklyn residency (such as a utility bill listing your name and address) that is no more than 2 months old.
- Please call or email our education department at 718.683.9338 / classes@BRICartsmedia.org for any questions about payments, spot availability or for further assistance.
- If you register for a course and are unable to attend the first session, you must contact our education department 24 hours prior to the start of the first class at 718.683.9338 / classes@BRICartsmedia.org.
You Might Also Like
Fundamentals of Screenwriting
This course will guide you through the creative process of brainstorming, writing, and publishing your next exciting screenplay.
TV Studio Production
This 30-hour, 10-session course will teach you the basics of shooting a production inside a television studio.
Video Editing with Premiere
By the end of the course, students will edit a short video segment.