Courses typically open one month before the start date.
Is a course sold out? Fill out our Waitlist Form and we'll contact you if there's an opening.
Learn the basics of shooting a production inside a television studio. Use professional-grade studio cameras, audio equipment, studio lighting, and video switchers as well as learn floor managing and directing. Successful completion leads to you becoming a Certified Community Producer with free access to TV studios A and B and equipment at the BRIC Media Center.
The Media Center at BRIC House
|Jul 27-Aug 24||Sat @ 10:30am-4:30pm||Check Availability|
|Sep 9-Oct 9||Mon, Wed @ 2:00-5:00pm||Check Availability|
|Sep 9-Oct 9||Mon, Wed @ 6:30-9:30pm||Check Availability|
|Oct 16-Nov 15||Mon, Wed @ 2:00-5:00pm||Check Availability|
|Oct 16-Nov 15||Mon, Wed @ 6:30-9:30pm||Check Availability|
|Nov 18-Dec 20||Mon, Wed @ 2:00-5:00pm||Check Availability|
|Nov 18-Dec 20||Mon, Wed @ 6:30-9:30pm||Check Availability|
- Certification courses are for Brooklyn residents only. Not a Brooklyn resident? No problem! Feel free to register for any of our non-certification courses.
- To successfully complete this program, students should have experience using a computer
PAYMENT / REGISTRATION INFORMATION
- Money orders and checks (made out to BRIC) are accepted when registering for the class in person.
- Credit card payments are accepted online only.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the first class to complete your registration.
- You will not be permitted to take the class or receive a refund for your online payment if you do not meet the following qualifications prior to the first day of class:
- Please provide proof of age with a valid, unexpired government-issued photo ID.
- This class is open to students over the age of 18 only.
- FOR CERTIFICATION COURSES ONLY: Proof of your Brooklyn residency (such as a utility bill listing your name and address) that is no more than 2 months old.
- Failure to alert us to your absence on the first day of class will forfeit your seat and a refund will not be issued.
- Please call or email our education department at 718.683.9338 / classes@BRICartsmedia.org for any questions about payments, spot availability or for further assistance.
- If you register for a course and are unable to attend the first session, you must contact our education department 24 hours prior to the start of the first class at 718.683.9338 / classes@BRICartsmedia.org.
ARE ALL OF THE CLASSES SOLD OUT?
You Might Also Like
Video Editing with Premiere
By the end of the course, students will edit a short video segment.
Motion Graphics with After Effects
This course covers the basics of the After Effects interface, text and layer animation and more!
BRIC Documentary Intensive 2020
Documentaries and nonfiction filmmaking are in a golden age, and now is your chance to get in on the action!