The Youth Curatorial Fellowship program will focus on developing and producing the 4nd Annual For-Teens-By-Teens, BRIC’s Youth Contemporary Art Exhibition. Over the course of the fellowship, fellows determine the theme of the exhibition, solicit submissions, program outreach, select participating artists, and install the show. The exhibition will showcase visual arts pieces in 2D & 3D medium (printmaking, drawing, painting, photography, sculpture, textile, mixed-media) created by NYC high school age artists.
As of this year, participants of both fellowships will receive a stipend. The stipends will be disbursed at the end of the fall and spring program cycles in December and May. Program sessions will be paid at a $15/hr rate for 2 hours a week. Please note the payment amounts will be based on attendance.
Applications for 2022-2023 fellowships are now closed.
Purpose of Youth Curatorial Fellowship
BRIC’s Youth Curators Fellowship program will focus on developing and producing the 3rd Annual For-Teens-By-Teens, BRIC’s Youth Contemporary Art Exhibition. The exhibition will showcase Visual Arts pieces in 2D & 3D mediums: printmaking, drawing, painting, photography, sculpture, textile, mixed-media, sound and installation created by NYC high school age artists. The public exhibition will attract over 100 submissions and an audience of over 200. This will be a physical exhibition that will take place at BRIC House gallery in May 2023.
Youth Curators will gain training, skills and professional insight into the planning, curation, installation, design and marketing of an art exhibition. Fellows will work alongside 8-10 peer fellows weekly to develop and design the exhibition.
- Fellows must be interested in art, curation and physically installing an art exhibition
- Fellows must be interested advancing their art, curation and marketing skills
- Fellows must be highly responsible, motivated, and prepared to participate and complete dedicated work in collaboration with the Teaching Curator, BRIC Staff and peer Fellows.
Check out the last Youth Curatorial Exhibitions here: https://www.bricartsmedia.org/art-exhibitions/youth-curatorial-fellowship-exhibition-im-walking-ere
Essential Qualifications, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Fellows must be NYC Sophomores, Juniors or Seniors (or ages 15-19) by October 2022
- Commitment to attending all scheduled weekly programming meetings
- Proactive contribution to the conceptualization, organization and curation
- Focused participation in the promotion, outreach and presentation
- Effective collaboration with the programming team.
October 26, 2021 – May 31, 2022
Wednesdays, 4 pm – 6 pm IN-PERSON
647 Fulton St, Brooklyn, NY (for Youth Curatorial)
We follow and match the NYC DOE calendar for school holidays