The Youth Curatorial Fellowship program will focus on developing and producing the 1st Annual For-Teens-By-Teens, BRIC’s Youth Contemporary Art Exhibition. Over the course of the fellowship, fellows determine the theme of the exhibition, solicit submissions, program outreach, select participating artists, and install the show. The exhibition will showcase visual arts pieces in 2D & 3D medium (printmaking, drawing, painting, photography, sculpture, textile, mixed-media) created by Brooklyn high school age artists.
Application is open to Brooklyn affiliated sophomore, junior, and senior high school students.
Application Deadline: Tuesday, October 15, 2019
BRIC’s Youth Curators Fellowship program will focus on developing and producing the 1st Annual For-Teens-By-Teens, BRIC’s Youth Contemporary Art Exhibition. The exhibition will showcase Visual Arts pieces in 2D & 3D mediums: printmaking, drawing, painting, photography, sculpture, textile, mixed-media and installation created by Brooklyn high school age artists. The public exhibition will attract over 100 submissions and an audience of over 200. The exhibition will take place at BRIC House and be on display from May 20, 2020 to June 14, 2020
Youth Curator Fellows will gain skills and professional insight into the planning, curation, installation and marketing of an art exhibition. Fellows will also learn how to film, edit video and design promotional materials.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Commitment to attending all scheduled weekly programming meetings
- Proactive contribution to the conceptualization, organization, and curation of the BRIC Youth Contemporary Art Exhibition
- Focused participation in the promotion, outreach, and presentation of the BRIC Youth Contemporary Art Exhibition
- Effective collaboration with the programming team
- Fellows must be Brooklyn affiliated Sophomores, Juniors or Seniors by September 2019
- Fellows must be interested in art, curation and physically installing an art exhibition
- Fellows must be interested advancing their Art, curation and marketing skills
- Fellows must be highly responsible, motivated, and prepared to participate and complete dedicated work in collaboration with BRIC Staff and the Manager of Contemporary Art Education.
October 30, 2019 – June 17, 2020
BRIC House, 647 Fulton Street, Brooklyn, NY 11217
(We follow the NYC school calendar.)
Enter your general information and answer a few questions regarding your interest in the program. Application deadline: Tuesday, October 15, 2019.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are selected for an interview, you will be asked to bring your resume. No phone calls, please.
You Might Also Like
BRIC Youth Curatorial Fellowship: Artist Open Call
Artist open call for the inaugural For-Teens-By-Teens 2020 exhibition, Make This Accessible, led by BRIC's Youth Curatorial Fellows.
BRIC Youth Media Festival