The Youth Media Fellowship Application is OPEN!
If you’re interested in becoming a Youth Media Fellow,
please read the below information and apply here!
Purpose of Internship
BRIC’s Youth Media Fellowship program focuses on developing and producing Concrete Stories: BRIC Youth Media Festival. The annual festival showcases ten to twelve short films of various genres created by NYC youth filmmakers under 21 years old. Over the course of the fellowship, Youth Media Fellows meet once a week in a group of 8-10 of their peers with the guidance of BRIC staff. The fellows determine the theme of the festival, manage the call for entries, create marketing materials, select the festival films, promote and host the festival screening. The festival takes place in May 2022 at BRIC House.
Youth Media Fellows will gain skills and professional insight into the planning, curation, and promotion of a short film festival. Fellows will learn video production and video editing, hear from various guest speakers, and create promotional print and digital materials.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
● Commitment to attending all scheduled weekly programming meetings
● Proactive contribution to the conceptualization, organization, and curation of the BRIC
Youth Media Festival
● Focused participation in the promotion, outreach, and presentation of the BRIC Youth
● Effective collaboration with the other Youth Media Fellows
● Fellows must be NYC Sophomores, Juniors or Seniors by September 2021
● Fellows must be interested in media, event planning, filmmaking, and/or marketing
● Fellows must be interested in advancing their media skills, editing skills, design and
● Fellows must be highly responsible, motivated, and prepared to participate
October 21, 2021 – June 2, 2022
Thursdays, 4 pm - 6 pm
In-Person at BRIC House
647 Fulton St. Brooklyn, NY
(We follow the NYC school calendar)
For more information on BRIC's Youth Media Festival, visit the Concrete Stories webpage.
Meet last year's Youth Media Fellows!