The Youth Media Fellowship Application is Closed.
Check back in September 2021!
Purpose of Internship
BRIC’s Youth Media Fellowship program focuses on developing and producing Concrete Stories: BRIC Youth Media Festival. The annual festival showcases ten to twelve short films of various genres created by NYC youth producers under 21 years old. Over the course of the fellowship, Youth Media Fellows meet once a week in a group of ten of their peers with the guidance of BRIC staff. The fellows determine the theme of the festival, manage the call for entries, produce marketing materials (both video and print), select the festival films, promote and host the event to create a free public screening. The festival takes place on Friday, May 28, 2021 at BRIC House.
Youth Media Fellows will gain skills and professional insight into the planning, curation, and promotion of a media festival. Fellows will learn video production and video editing, hear from various guest speakers, and create promotional materials.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Commitment to attending all scheduled weekly programming meetings
- Proactive contribution to the conceptualization, organization, and curation of the BRIC Youth Media Festival
- Focused participation in the promotion, outreach, and presentation of the BRIC Youth Media Festival
- Effective collaboration with the programming team
- Fellows must be a Brooklyn affiliated Sophomore, Junior, or Senior by September 2021
- Fellows must be interested in media, event planning, filmmaking, marketing, and/or working in groups
- Fellows must be interested in advancing their media skills, editing skills, interpersonal skills, and marketing skills
- Fellows must be interested in amplifying the voices of their peers
- Fellows must be highly responsible, motivated, and prepared to participate and complete dedicated work in collaboration with BRIC staff
October 29, 2020– June 3, 2021
BRIC House, 647 Fulton Street, Brooklyn, NY 11217
(We follow the NYC school calendar. Fellowship meetings will be virtual with the possibility of in-person meetings.)
For more information on BRIC's Youth Media Festival, visit the Concrete Stories webpage.