Congratulations to the 2022 Youth Media Fellows
Meet them here!
Applications for 2022-2023 fellowships are open until Oct. 2, 2022.
Purpose of Internship
BRIC’s Youth Media Fellowship program focuses on developing and producing Concrete Stories: BRIC Youth Media Festival. The annual festival showcases short films of various genres created by NYC youth filmmakers under 21 years old. Over the course of the fellowship, Youth Media Fellows meet once a week in a group of 8-10 of their peers with the guidance of BRIC staff. The fellows determine the theme of the festival, manage the call for entries, create marketing materials, select the festival films, promote, and host the festival screening. The festival takes place in May 2023 at BRIC House and is free to the public.
As of this year, participants of both fellowships will receive a stipend. The stipends will be disbursed at the end of the fall and spring program cycles in December and May. Program sessions will be paid at a $15/hr rate for 2 hours a week. Please note the payment amounts will be based on attendance.
Youth Media Fellows will gain training, skills and professional insight into the planning, curation, and promotion of a short film festival. Fellows will learn about marketing, event planning, and video production. They will hear from various guest speakers, and create promotional print and digital materials.
- Fellows must be interested in media, event planning, filmmaking, and/or marketing
- Fellows must be interested in advancing their media skills, editing skills, design and marketing skills
- Fellows must be highly responsible, motivated, and prepared to participate
Essential Qualifications, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Fellows must be NYC Sophomores, Juniors or Seniors (or ages 15-19) by October 2022
- Commitment to attending all scheduled weekly programming meetings
- Proactive contribution to the conceptualization, organization and curation
- Focused participation in the promotion, outreach and presentation
- Effective collaboration with the programming team.
October 26, 2021 – May 31, 2022
Wednesdays, 4 pm – 6 pm IN-PERSON
75 Rockwell Place, Brooklyn, NY (for Youth Media)
We follow and match the NYC DOE calendar for school holidays
For more information on BRIC's Youth Media Festival, visit the Concrete Stories webpage.