Be part of BRIC's fifth annual Youth Media Festival!
The deadline to submit is MONDAY, APRIL 16.
BRIC is pleased to present the Brooklyn Youth Media Festival: Concrete Stories, a showcase of media produced by Brooklyn-affiliated youth under the age of 21, celebrating talented young media makers who are telling their stories through short films and animations. Concrete Stories is produced and curated by a group of media-savvy local high school students as part of the BRIC Youth Media Education Internship Program. Meet the 2018 Youth Media Fellows!
The Festival event will take place May 30, 2018 with screenings at 1PM and 6:30PM at BRIC House (647 Fulton Street in Brooklyn). Tickets to the Festival are FREE. To reserve tickets, email us HERE.
Send us your short films, documentaries, music videos, and animations! Awards will be given for Directing, Storytelling, Cinematography, and Editing. See submission guidelines below, and submit via the Submittable interface (link below).
DEADLINE: Midnight, MONDAY, APRIL 16, 2018
Guidelines for Submission:
1) Media Makers must be under 21-years old and Brooklyn-affiliated (either reside in Brooklyn, go to school in Brooklyn, or be a member of a Brooklyn-affiliated organiztion).
2) Videos must be under 10 minutes.
3) Each Media maker can submit up to 3 projects.
4) Videos must be HD (720 or 1080).
5) Videos must be predominantly youth-made.
A Sampling of 2017 Concrete Stories Finalists:
You Are An Oreo
Submitted by DCTV and Jonny Ramos, on behalf of Armiel Chandler
Awarded "Best Editing"
Submitted by Automatic Studios and Che Chisolm on behalf of filmmakers age 10-13
Awarded "Best Cinematography"