Hailing from Omaha, Nebraska, Conor Oberst was an indie rock prodigy whose confessional singer/songwriter style and distinct trembling voice quickly wooed the college radio station listeners of the 90s. He is best known for his band Bright Eyes, but has branched out to other projects such as the more rocking Desaparecidos and of course the supergroup Monsters of Folk. Nearly 20 years later and with many projects and albums under his belt, the now indie veteran Oberst continues to remain at the top of fans' playlists. Following up on the 2016 album Ruminations, which Rolling Stone called a "refreshing renewal of the anxiety-ridden intimacy that marked his earliest work," Oberst just announced a companion album titled Salutations which will be out on on Nonesuch Records on March 17, 2017.
Brooklyn indie rock quartet Big Thief, whose "power lies in the stunning voice of Adrianne Lenker" (NPR) open the night. Philly natives Hop Along follow with their "explosive, articulate, punk-suffused indie rock." (All Music)
Conor Oberst has partnered with Plus 1 so that $1 from every ticket sold will go to support Planned Parenthood and their work delivering vital reproductive health care, sex education, and information to millions of women, men, and young people in the US and worldwide.
- No-fee tickets can be purchased at Mercury Lounge, Thursday through Saturday, noon to 6 p.m. and Music Hall of Williamsburg, Saturday only, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Both box offices are cash only.
- Ticketing and box office questions should be directed to Bowery Presents.
- Children ages 2 and under are admitted free of charge when accompanied by a ticketed adult.
- Want to know what you can bring? Check out our FAQ page.
- Anything else, try us on Facebook or Twitter.
Friends Member Seating & Tent Access
Friends Seating: Rear seats open to Seat-Pass and Tent-Pass members
Friends Tent: Open to Tent-Pass members
Sponsor Tent: Open to Tent-Pass members
The BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival is one of New York City's longest running, free, outdoor performing arts festivals and is held every summer at the Prospect Park Bandshell. View seating arrangements here.
To learn more about our COVID-Safety precautions, visit our FAQ page.