The Brooklyn Poetry Slam
The Brooklyn Poetry Slam is celebrating five years at BRIC! In addition to the Slams, poets and co-founders Mahogany L. Browne and DJ Jive Poetic are excited to present a series of writing workshops as well as a new podcast through BRIC Radio. Join this vibrant community and hear, speak, and write poetry.
BROOKLYN POETRY SLAM RULES:
- Brooklyn poetry slam is a two round performance poetry competition.
- Poets are given three minutes to read their own original work.
- Top five poets from the first round will advance to the second round.
- Competitors are prohibited from using animal acts, props, or musical accompaniment.
- Five random judges from the audience score each round on a scale of 0-10. The highest and lowest scores for each poet, in each round, are dropped. The poet with the highest cumulative score is the winner.
Brooklyn Poetry Slam | Apr. 25, 2023Apr 25, 2023 • 6:30 PM @ BRIC House · FREE
Join us live and in-person for the Brooklyn Poetry Slam, an incredible evening of poetry and community led by co-founders Mahogany L. Browne and Jive Poetic! Featured poet to be announced.