The Brooklyn Poetry Slam
The Brooklyn Poetry Slam is celebrating five years at BRIC! In addition to the Slams, poets and co-founders Mahogany L. Browne and DJ Jive Poetic are excited to present a series of writing workshops as well as a new podcast through BRIC Radio. Join this vibrant community and hear, speak, and write poetry.
BROOKLYN POETRY SLAM RULES:
- Brooklyn poetry slam is a two round performance poetry competition.
- Poets are given three minutes to read their own original work.
- Top five poets from the first round will advance to the second round.
- Competitors are prohibited from using animal acts, props, or musical accompaniment.
- Five random judges from the audience score each round on a scale of 0-10. The highest and lowest scores for each poet, in each round, are dropped. The poet with the highest cumulative score is the winner.
Learn more about the 2017 Brooklyn Slam Team on BRIC TV's documentary series Frameworks:
Join us live and in-person for the Brooklyn Poetry Slam, an incredible evening of poetry and community led by co-founders Mahogany L. Browne and Jive Poetic! This month's featured poet is Yesenia Montilla.