Learn the basics of shooting a production inside a television studio. Use professional-grade studio cameras, audio equipment, studio lighting, and video switchers as well as learn floor managing and directing. Successful completion leads to you becoming a Certified Community Producer with free access to TV studios A and B and equipment at the BRIC Media Center.
This class meets for nine consecutive Monday / Wednesday sessions; 3-hours per session:
- Monday, October 15, 2-5PM
- Wednesday, October 17, 2-5PM
- Monday, October 22, 2-5PM
- Wednesday, October 24, 2-5PM
- Monday, October 29, 2-5PM
- Wednesday, October 31, 2-5PM
- Monday, November 5, 2-5PM
- Wednesday, November 7, 2-5PM
- Monday, November 12, 2-5PM
- You must be a Brooklyn resident to sign up for this class.
- Credit card payments are accepted online only.
- Money orders and checks (made out to BRIC) are accepted when registering for the class in person.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the first class to complete your registration.
- You will not be permitted to take the class or receive a refund for your online payment if you do not meet the following qualifications prior to the first day of class:
- This class is open to students over the age of 18 only.
- Please provide proof of age with a valid, unexpired government-issued photo ID.
- 718.683.9338 / classes@BRICartsmedia.org
The BRIC Media Center gives Brooklynites the tools and know-how to professionally create and cablecast their own television and podcast shows on the Emmy-winning Brooklyn Free Speech, and produces non-commercial TV and podcast programs that reflect the borough's diversity of thought and culture. We provide a voice for Brooklynites just like you to air their hopes, dreams, and aspirations to the world.
The BRIC Media Center provides all Brooklynites with access to television studio facilities, equipment, and free or low-cost media training. We are located in the heart of the Downtown Brooklyn Cultural District at BRIC House, 647 Fulton Street.
ACCESS-A-RIDE | UBER | LYFT
Tell the driver you're going to 57 Rockwell Place (Between Fulton Street & DeKalb Avenue). It'll be much easier for them to find our building and you'll be dropped off right in front of the door.
2 3 4 5 to Nevins Street (closest station!)
B Q R (D & N, 11PM - 6AM) to Dekalb Avenue (ACCESSIBLE)
B D N Q R to Atlantic Avenue—Barclays Center (ACCESSIBLE)
A C G to Hoyt-Schermerhorn Street
C to Lafayette Avenue
G to Fulton Street
B25, B26, B38, B41, B45, B52, B63, B67 (ACCESSIBLE)
All of the above buses stop within three blocks of The BRIC Media Center.
LONG ISLAND RAILROAD
The Long Island Railroad stops at Atlantic Terminal, approximately 2 ½ blocks away from The BRIC Media Center. (ACCESSIBLE)
FULL LIST OF ACCESSIBLE SUBWAY STATIONS
Looking for the full list of MTA accessible subway stations in Brooklyn? Here it is!
Travel Alert: Please confirm bus and subway service on the MTA website as there are
frequent weeknight and weekend service interruptions.
You Might Also Like
Video Editing with Premiere
By the end of the course, students will edit a short video segment.
Brooklyn Free Speech TV
Video Production in the Field
This course will give you the skills to produce videos anywhere.