Theater Scripts for Intimate Eye: Cinema and Theatrical Performance
SUBMISSIONS OPEN: FRIDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2016
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 2017
APPLICATION FEE: $5 | PLAYWRIGHT STIPEND: $300
- BRIC is seeking short (5 - 8 pages, 10 minutes) plays to be produced as part of an innovative new program. The plays will be staged by a professional acting and directing team, then turned into a film by a group of media artists at BRIC.
- Whether you are an experienced and produced playwright, or a first-timer, BRIC wants your one-act plays.
- Selected playwrights will receive a $300 stipend.
- Original scripts only. No translations or adaptations of previously published works.
- Plays will be rehearsed, performed, and filmed in a black box theatre. Ideal scripts will take place in one location and be one scene.
- Plays should be limited to 4 actors.
- Plays should reflect the diversity of Brooklyn.
- Plays should not rely at all on special effects, post-production. These pieces are about people interacting in real time and space.
- Scripts should be written based upon these requirements.
- Be submitted online in Adobe Acrobat PDF format
- Use standard play format
- Use 12pt Times New Roman font or equivalent.
- Be 4 pages minimum, 8 pages maximum
- Must include, near the front: cast list, brief character descriptions, and set requirements.
- Script format example (Click to see an example of what we're looking for)
- Script in PDF form (Title format: APPLICANTNAME_ScriptNAME_DateSubmitted)
- Statement of purpose (2 paragraphs maximum)
- Artist Background
- Thursday, February 9, 2017
718.683.5645 | BFreeBK@BRICartsmedia.org