Theater Scripts for Intimate Eye: Cinema and Theatrical Performance
SUBMISSIONS OPEN: FRIDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2016
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 2017
APPLICATION FEE: $5 | PLAYWRIGHT STIPEND: $300
- BRIC is seeking short (5 - 8 pages, 10 minutes) plays to be produced as part of an innovative new program. The plays will be staged by a professional acting and directing team, then turned into a film by a group of media artists at BRIC.
- Whether you are an experienced and produced playwright, or a first-timer, BRIC wants your one-act plays.
- Selected playwrights will receive a $300 stipend.
- Original scripts only. No translations or adaptations of previously published works.
- Plays will be rehearsed, performed, and filmed in a black box theatre. Ideal scripts will take place in one location and be one scene.
- Plays should be limited to 4 actors.
- Plays should reflect the diversity of Brooklyn.
- Plays should not rely at all on special effects, post-production. These pieces are about people interacting in real time and space.
- Scripts should be written based upon these requirements.
- Be submitted online in Adobe Acrobat PDF format
- Use standard play format
- Use 12pt Times New Roman font or equivalent.
- Be 4 pages minimum, 8 pages maximum
- Must include, near the front: cast list, brief character descriptions, and set requirements.
- Script format example (Click to see an example of what we're looking for)
- Script in PDF form (Title format: APPLICANTNAME_ScriptNAME_DateSubmitted)
- Statement of purpose (2 paragraphs maximum)
- Artist Background
- Thursday, February 9, 2017
The BRIC Media Center gives Brooklynites the tools and know-how to professionally create and cablecast their own TV and podcast shows on the Emmy-winning Brooklyn Free Speech, and produces non-commercial TV and podcast programs that reflect the borough's diversity of thought and culture. We provide a voice for Brooklynites just like you to air their hopes, dreams, and aspirations to the world.
The BRIC Media Center provides all Brooklynites with access to TV studio facilities, equipment, and wallet-friendly media training. We are located in the heart of the Downtown Brooklyn Cultural District at BRIC House, 647 Fulton Street.
TAXI | RIDE SHARING
Tell the driver you're going to 57 Rockwell Place (Between Fulton Street & DeKalb Avenue). It'll be much easier for them to find our building and you'll be dropped off right in front of the door.
2 3 4 5 to Nevins Street (closest station!)
B Q R (D & N, 11PM - 6AM) to Dekalb Avenue (ACCESSIBLE)
B D N Q R to Atlantic Avenue—Barclays Center (ACCESSIBLE)
A C G to Hoyt-Schermerhorn Street
C to Lafayette Avenue
G to Fulton Street
B25, B26, B38, B41, B45, B52, B63, B67 (ACCESSIBLE)
All of the above buses stop within three blocks of The BRIC Media Center.
LONG ISLAND RAILROAD
The Long Island Railroad stops at Atlantic Terminal, approximately 2 ½ blocks away from The BRIC Media Center. (ACCESSIBLE)
FULL LIST OF ACCESSIBLE SUBWAY STATIONS
Looking for the full list of MTA accessible subway stations in Brooklyn? Here it is!
Travel Alert: Please confirm bus and subway service on the MTA website as there are
frequent weeknight and weekend service interruptions.
718.683.5645 | BFreeBK@BRICartsmedia.org