Theater Scripts for Intimate Eye: Cinema and Theatrical Performance
SUBMISSIONS OPEN: FRIDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2016
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 2017
APPLICATION FEE: $5 | PLAYWRIGHT STIPEND: $300
- BRIC is seeking short (5 - 8 pages, 10 minutes) plays to be produced as part of an innovative new program. The plays will be staged by a professional acting and directing team, then turned into a film by a group of media artists at BRIC.
- Whether you are an experienced and produced playwright, or a first-timer, BRIC wants your one-act plays.
- Selected playwrights will receive a $300 stipend.
- Original scripts only. No translations or adaptations of previously published works.
- Plays will be rehearsed, performed, and filmed in a black box theatre. Ideal scripts will take place in one location and be one scene.
- Plays should be limited to 4 actors.
- Plays should reflect the diversity of Brooklyn.
- Plays should not rely at all on special effects, post-production. These pieces are about people interacting in real time and space.
- Scripts should be written based upon these requirements.
- Be submitted online in Adobe Acrobat PDF format
- Use standard play format
- Use 12pt Times New Roman font or equivalent.
- Be 4 pages minimum, 8 pages maximum
- Must include, near the front: cast list, brief character descriptions, and set requirements.
- Script format example (Click to see an example of what we're looking for)
- Script in PDF form (Title format: APPLICANTNAME_ScriptNAME_DateSubmitted)
- Statement of purpose (2 paragraphs maximum)
- Artist Background
- Thursday, February 9, 2017
The BRIC Media Center gives Brooklynites the tools and know-how to professionally create and cablecast their own television programs on the New York Emmy-WINNING Brooklyn Free Speech, and produces non-commercial television programs that reflect the borough's diversity of thought and culture. We provide a voice for Brooklynites just like you to air their hopes, dreams, and aspirations to the world.
The BRIC Media Center provides all Brooklynites with access to television studio facilities, equipment, and free or low-cost media training. We are located in the heart of the Downtown Brooklyn Cultural District at BRIC House, 647 Fulton Street.
718.683.5645 | BFreeBK@BRICartsmedia.org