- Submissions accepted: December 23, 2020 - January 31, 2021
- Submission deadline: January 31, 2021 (by 11:59PM)
- Finalists will be notified: late March, 2021
- For-Teens-By-Teens exhibition: opening with a reception in May, 2021
THE APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2021 EXHIBITION ARE NOW OPEN!
Looking Backwards, Looking Forwards
How has 2020 affected you? What changes do you want to see in 2021 and the future? This exhibition showcases the different views we’ve had of the same 2020, highlighting the personal experiences of teens in New York City. A year unlike many before it. A pandemic leaving everyone working, learning, and socializing differently, making many feel isolated. Wake up call protests against the injustices handed to us by authorities. A controversial election. The overwhelming impact of climate change. How has this past year impacted your life? What could our futures look like? This exhibition seeks to provide answers to these questions.
ABOUT THE BRIC YOUTH CURATORIAL FELLOWSHIP:
BRIC’s Youth Curatorial Fellowship program is a group of teen curators developing and producing the Second Annual For-Teens-By-Teens, BRIC’s Youth Contemporary Art Exhibition. The exhibition will showcase Visual Arts pieces in 2D & 3D mediums created by New York City high school and college undergraduate age (13-19) artists, including paints, digital, graphite, colored pencils, charcoal, mixed media, sculpture, photography, yarn, poetry, videos/short films, and spoken word. The public exhibition will take place virtually at BRICartsmedia.org and will open with a reception on May 2021.
This is an open call for artist submissions to participate in the For-Teens-By-Teens 2021 exhibition, a part of BRIC’s Youth Contemporary Art Exhibition: Looking Backwards, Looking Forwards. This exhibition showcases the different views we’ve had of the same 2020, highlighting the personal experiences of teens in New York City. There are a few application requirements, outlined below:
- This exhibition is curated by teens, for teens, and has an age requirement. All applicants must be between the ages of 13-19.
- Applicants must be from New York City.
- You must share your name (or name of your arts collective), age, and current contact information (email preferred).
- Please include a high resolution photo of your piece along with your name, title, medium, dimensions, and a description of your piece.
- Mediums include but are not limited to: paints, digital, graphite, colored pencils, charcoal, mixed media, sculpture, photography, yarn, poetry, videos/short films, spoken word.
- An artist statement that explains the connection of the artwork to the theme is required.
- BRIC reserves the right to exclude the display of any artwork considered inappropriate for this exhibition.
Please submit via Submittable, you will have to create a Submittable account to submit.
QUESTIONS? Email us at BRICYouthCuratorial@bricartsmedia.org.